Who knew Elvis Presley’s favorite dessert was pound cake? Apparently someone did it because there are pound cakes named after him, like this one. Soft, fluffy and dense, we understand why the king loved pound cake.
To get the best results from this pound cake recipe, be sure to beat the dough for the full recommended time and sift the flour three times. If you only have
9 x 5 inch loaf pansreduce cooking time by 10 minutes.
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes
Total duration: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Servings: Makes 2 loaves
Here’s how to do it:
- Sift the flour and salt together in a bowl, then sift it again in another bowl. Sift once more into the original bowl. (You can do this with a flour sifter or one mesh screen.)
- In a stand mixerbeat the butter and sugar together on high speed for five minutes (7 minutes if using a electric hand mixer). The mixture should be pale and frothy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat the vanilla.
- Reduce the speed to minimum and add half the flour and all the cream. Beat well, then add the rest of the flour. Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour the batter into two buttered and floured molds 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Set the pans on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Put the loaf pans in a COLD oven, then turn the oven temperature up to 350 degrees F. Bake for 75 to 80 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out almost clean. Remove cakes and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pans to cool completely.
Need help converting baking and baking measurements? Here are some practices kitchen conversion charts. Here is how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds communityand follow us on facebook to get daily recipes in your News Feed. Inspire and be inspired.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.