THE WOODLANDS, TX – We’ve already told the story of an amazing, locally-owned candy store called The Candy House, a Woodlands landmark that sugar-hungry kids and sweet-spirited families have been flocking to for more than 30 years. Located at 27160 Glen Loch Drive, The Candy House has been a neighborhood hangout for everything from saltwater taffy and chocolate fudge to gourmet popcorn and hard-to-find candy.
We were delighted to highlight the legacy of the establishment’s former owner, Don Baker. Don founded The Candy House over three decades ago and has become a fixture in the community, as well as a beloved friend to countless families in The Woodlands. Sadly, Don passed away on January 2, 2021 at the age of 89. Although his passing was a tragic loss to the community, his store had succeeded in making the neighborhood a better place. It was a very sweet legacy about an even sweeter man.
Some wondered what would become of The Candy House since Don passed away. For the joy of sweet tooths everywhere, The Candy House continues to serve The Woodlands through the vision and community-focused efforts of five new owners.
The Candy House was purchased on September 1, 2021 by Wanda Graham, Kristen and Reed Watson, and Courtney and Danny Moore. We stopped by The Candy House this week to sample some of their new candies and check out their other delicious treats. We were not disappointed.
Click here to see photos of The Candy House
We spoke with Wanda and Kristen to find out what’s new at The Candy House. Here are some of the great things you will see when you visit their store.
* 9 different flavors of gourmet popcorn – cheddar, buffalo breath cheddar (this one has a slight kick), pizza flavor, white cheddar, white cheddar bacon, creamy dill, caramel, caramel and almond drizzle, churro, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churro (Yes, you read that right ).
* 7 different fudge flavors
* Easter candies, chocolates and stuffed animals
* Expanded taffy section with over 30 taffy flavors
* Specialty candies including Harry Potter themed candy, sweet and sour pickle flavored lollipops, birthday cake marshmallow
* For adults, they have an assortment of alcohol-infused chocolates and a range of Jack Daniels flavored pecans, including whiskey pralines and Tennessee honey pecans.
* A large assortment of Jones Soda
If you need a sweet fix, drop by The Candy House. They have a huge assortment of some of the sweetest goodies you’ll find anywhere in the woods.
* Tuesday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
* Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
* Closed on Sundays and Mondays
* Phone: 281-367-0564